If you like Agatha Christie’s novels, you definitely will love this game. Here, you will be Hercule Poirot, the most famous Agatha Christie’s detective. You’re onboard of this Nile cruise ship for vacation, but a case comes up and you are ready to get to the end of it.
Your mission is to investigate who is the killer of Miss Linnete Doyle, another passenger of the cruiser. Twelve levels will lead you to the truth, gather clues on each investigation.
The main characteristics of the game are the following:
During each investigation you have to look for and pick some elements on Poirot’s list. When you find one item, you just click on it and Poirot will eliminate it from the list, or will identify it as an important clue.
Starting at level 2, you’ll have the chance to question the suspects. This is optional but can help solving the case.
At the end of each investigation, you have the chance to solve an extra mystery and gather some extra clues in return.
It keeps ticking as you look up for the items on the list. You have 25 minutes to find them all, so keep focus and harry up!
If you can’t find some item, no matter how hard you tried, you can use a hint to reveal its location. You can use up to 5 hints per investigation.
When you first enter the game, you’ll see the welcome screen and you’ll be asked for a player name. In addition, the following options are shown:
- Click to change player: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Play: this option leads you right to the first scene for you to start playing. You’ll be seeing an introduction to the game first, unless you choose to skip it.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options, like sound volume, music volume, full screen mode, and show tips checkbox.
- Exit and Credits: no further explanation required.
- Help: it leads you to a book-styled help.
When you’re playing the game, you can always click on the Pause/Menu button to access to a pop-up menu with these options:
- Main menu: it leads you back to the main menu.
- Options: the same Options menu commented before.
- Ship map: it leads you back to the map that is shown on the beginning, for you to choose where to start.
- Return to game: you go back to the game.
- Help: it leads you to the help.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version.